Where Faith, Motherhood, and Marriage try to fit together in the puzzle!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

ABC's of Meme


Okay so I am a delinquent blogger.  I've had this thing for a month & have only posted 1 thing.  Part of it is lack of time, part of it is lack of interesting things to talk about.  But my sweet friend who also happens to blog posted this yesterday & she saw it on another blog & I believe that blog "borrowed" it from another one as well... anyways, I've decided to use it too.  It's a great way to get to know me as a blogger.

A. Age: at my last birthday I celebrated the 12th anniversary of my 21st Birthday.

B. Bed size: Queen.  When we go to a hotel & sleep in a King I feel like we're on different coasts!!

C. Chore that you hate: Ugh... all of them!  I would have to say the #1 thing I HATE to do is dusting.  I can manage to do everything else but I can make things look nice even when they're dusty :)

D. Dogs: Currently no dogs - 2 cats & a lizard & I own a tortoise that is still residing at a friends house because we haven't gotten around to getting him back yet after moving!!  We would like a SMALL dog someday, perhaps.  

E. Essential start to your day: Coffee, Coffee, Coffee & snuggle time with Levi.

F. Favorite color: Greens & Blues

G. Gold or Silver: I'm a gold girl mainly because it looks better with my skin tone.  I do like silver but it makes me look even paler than normal!!

H. Height: 5' 4"ish

I. Instruments you play: I can play piano (had 7 years but don't really play for others), I played Clarinet in school (band geek to the core!) but haven't really touched it since, and I've dabbled with Guitar but can only play 3 songs.  I need lessons for that one...

J. Job title: Youth Director

K. Kids: One amazing Son, Levi, who is the light of my life.  I'm sure you'll read lots more about him in the upcoming blogs!

L. Live: South Central PA. Like my good friend over at SHINE, I say "ya'll" a lot too!

M. Mother’s name: Glenda

N. Nicknames: Heiders, PH (for Pastor Heidi), and the occasional "Heidi G." (which is an update from "Heidi B." since I got married).

O. Overnight hospital stays: My birth, and C-section for little man

P. Pet peeves: other drivers... I have been blessed with my father's gift of "road rage," people who always have to be in the middle of other people's business (or "potstirrers" as I like to refer to them), and people who have to share their opinion about EVERYTHING.  Sometimes it's okay to keep things to yourself!!

Q. Quote from a movie: "With great power comes great responsibility" Spiderman.  I'm not up to date on current movies...

R. Right or left handed: Righty but always secretly wanted to be a lefty like my cousin!!  It's fun to watch them write!!  

S. Siblings: A "big" little brother who has gone from an annoyance to a good friend.

T. Time it takes you to get ready: Usually 30 minutes or so, depending on how motivated I am & well rested...

U. Ultimate Vacation: Too many places on my bucket list but at the top are Hawaii, Venice Italy, & I too would really like to go to Australia to meet Ezra and hang out with Karen & Joel :D

V. Vegetable you hate: Asparagus & Brussel Sprouts.  ICK!

W. What makes you run late: My son now.  Although I would still sometimes blame myself & the need to get just "one more minute" of sleep.  I have never ever claimed to be a morning person.  Now it's even harder getting out of the house in the am's with a little one!!

X. X-Rays you’ve had: Teeth, fractured ribs, sprained ankle, I think that's it!

Y. Yummy food that you make: Ugh, I really hate cooking but it's a must around here or we wouldn't eat (especially since we can't afford to eat out all of the time!).  I don't know what I would say is super yummy or "Heidi's famous" anything.  As long as I have a recipe I can make just about anything.

Z. Zoo animal: Monkeys!  I love watching them play and react to one another.  They're just fun animals.  I've also been to the Six Flags Safari in New Jersey & my favorite part was always the monkeys as they would crawl all over your car!!! 

Okay, that's me in a nutshell!  What are some of your favorite or not so favorite things?

2 comments:

  1. Muah! Loved this :) Glad you joined the ABC craze, such an easy way to post, right? If you need some other ideas, try linking up with Five Minute Friday (LisaJoBaker.com) or (in)courage is doing a few weeks of writing prompts about community :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could steal it. I'm hoping to do Five Minute Friday! I usually don't think of it until Saturday... :P

      Delete