Where Faith, Motherhood, and Marriage try to fit together in the puzzle!

Friday, October 12, 2012

Five Minute Friday: RACE


It's Five Minute Friday and an excuse to write without really thinking too much about it!

So Here's the Deal:
  1. Check what the prompt is on Lisa Jo's blog.
  2. Write a post in only five minutes on that topic on your blog.
  3. Link over at Lisa Jo's and invite friends to join in!
  4. Be sure and encourage the person who linked up before you


Okay ready?  TODAY'S PROMPT: RACE


GO
I'm not much of a runner... what scratch that... I'm not a runner.  There are times when I wish I liked to run.  It looks relaxing and freeing and it is good exercise, I guess.  I have never been athletic... at all.  I had a brief stint as a Volleyball Player in 8th grade.  It was okay.  I liked playing but the coach didn't put me in much so I didn't get a lot of practice.  Then the next year when Volleyball season came around I decided that I would be in the Jr. High play instead.

So running again, hasn't really been my thing.  Life, though, is a lot of running.  Luke talks about running the race in ACTS 20:24.

Thinking about it, I don't know if I'm running the race as I should be.  I try my best to do what God says and follow His leading, even in the little things.  In fact, it's the little things that I fail in, I think.  I let myself and my human limitations get in the way too much.  I often think 'I can't do  that," or "That scares me a little so I'm not going to do that," if I'm honest.  When it comes to following God to move for school, or to a different job, or even who to marry, it was a no brainer, but in the little things I fail... way too often.  There's a lot of blessings in life I missed out on because I was too afraid to try them.

Though, at the end of the day, I hope God knows that my heart is sincere and I really want to do the right thing.  I want to run the race God has set out for me to the best of my ability.  I'm just grateful that when I DO mess up God is gracious enough to forgive and redirect me.

STOP

1 comment: