Where Faith, Motherhood, and Marriage try to fit together in the puzzle!

Friday, March 22, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Remember


FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY: Remember...
Five Minute Friday.... the time where I can ramble on and on and not worry that I sound crazy...
How to Join:
Want to know how Five Minute Friday got started and how to participate? All the details are here.
Now, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
Oh and Ahem, if you would take pity and turn off comment verification, it would make leaving some love on your post that much easier for folks!
OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on:::

Remember…

GO

Photo Credit
One of my favorite Disney movies is The Lion King.  I love the story, I love the music, and I LOVE animals!!  One of my favorite parts of the movie is how the lost, not-so-sure-of-himself Simba is longing for who he is and what he's meant to be in the world.  He knows deep down that what he's doing just isn't quite it.  He runs into the beloved Rafiki (my absolute FAVORITE character in the movie), the old wise monkey who says "I KNOW YOUR FATHER (who had been killed years earlier which is the reason why Simba runs away in the first place).  Simba excitedly follows Rafiki who leads him on a wild chase to the middle of no where, and tells him "Your Father lives in You."  Then from the clouds the great voice of MUFASA comes and says "you have forgotten where you have come from and so then have forgotten me..."  and so on and so forth.  Mufasa reminds him to think of who he is and be who he was created to be (not exactly what he says but reading between the lines you get the gist!).  He says "Remember.... Remember...."

I TOO often forget who I am created to be.  I forget that I am a created child of God.  I forget that I am a princess.  I forget that I was created for something great.  I forget that God is in charge and He cares for me.  I get stressed out about what I"m doing in my life, the direction of my life, certain situations of my life, etc... Sometimes a voice from within my soul comes out (sounding like James Earl Jones, of course) "REMEMBER... REMEMBER"

And I REMEMBER that I am God's.  That's all I need to remember.

STOP

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love Lion King, but I guess I just never connected that scene to God! But it is a fantastic reminder of who we are in God! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete