Where Faith, Motherhood, and Marriage try to fit together in the puzzle!

Monday, March 25, 2013

Focusing on Holy Week

Each MOST Mondays for the next few months (until April 22) I will be posting an encouraging post to my fellow (in)motherhood ladies about Motherhood.  You're welcome to join in as everyone can use some encouragement when it comes to raising kids (or teens or adult kids) - whether they're your own or not!!  

It is Easter week - Holy Week.  I love this time of year.  The season of Lent.  Palm Sunday and the events of the week all leading up to the celebration of Resurrection Sunday.  As one who has previously worked in the church it is a busy week, sometimes hectic, but rewarding if you take the time to get all you can out of it.

My prayer for you this week in the midst of motherhood is that you find time in the center of the chaos to focus on the Biblical events of the week.  Remember the events of Palm Sunday.  Remember the Last Supper.  Remember how Jesus made Himself a servant by washing His own followers' feet.  Remember His arrest, His mock trial, His punishment... for us.  Remember His crucifixion.  Remember His death.  Remember the Victory of His Resurrection!!!!!!  Jesus died on that cross for my sin... for yours... for your kiddo's.  He cherishes your child even more so than you do.

Jesus' prayer to God about His future followers (US!) before He was arrested:
I’m praying not only for them
But also for those who will believe in me
Because of them and their witness about me.
The goal is for all of them to become one heart and mind—
Just as you, Father, are in me and I in you,
So they might be one heart and mind with us.
Then the world might believe that you, in fact, sent me.
The same glory you gave me, I gave them,
So they’ll be as unified and together as we are—
I in them and you in me.
Then they’ll be mature in this oneness,
And give the godless world evidence
That you’ve sent me and loved them
In the same way you’ve loved me.

John 17:20-23 MSG

Focus on Christ this week.  Put Him first and the rest will fall into place.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment