Where Faith, Motherhood, and Marriage try to fit together in the puzzle!

Friday, February 1, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Afraid


Oh Five Minute Friday!  How I've missed taking the time to join you!!

Here's the plan (it's SO easy!!!)

1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back here
3. Go leave some comment props for the five minute artist who linked up before you {and if you love us, consider turning off word verification for the day to make it easier for folks to say howdy}


Today's Prompt: AFRAID

GO

There are many many many things I am afraid of!
I'm afraid that I'm a horrible wife & mother.
I'm afraid that I am not good enough to do what God has called me to do.
I'm afraid of missing out on many God-given blessings in life because I was so caught up in myself.
I'm afraid of not having enough money.
I'm afraid of myself and the evil that's ingrained in me.
I'm afraid of not living up to other's expectations of me.
I'm afraid of failing God.
I'm afraid of missing something good in life.

This is only a tiny list but there's a lot that I could expand on here too.

Thankfully I am learning little by little, day by day, that I will NEVER be the perfect mother or wife and thankfully I have a forgiving husband and an 18 month old son who at this point in life has a forgiving spirit.  I will NEVER be good enough for God or anything He calls me to be, but HE loves me anyways and uses the things HE has called me to do to shape me into the person HE has called me to be.  And I also remember that He "doesn't call the prepared, HE prepares the called."

The rest just falls into line.  As long as I have a heart that seeks God (and thankfully he is SO forgiving when I do get caught up in myself), I can do anything.  Be a wife.  Be a mom.  Be a servant.  Be who He wants me to be.

STOP

2 comments:

  1. Seek first the kingdom of God :)
    Visiting from 5MF. Have a blessed Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ain't it great that He loves us anyways- frees us up to be a willing servant. Stopping by from 5MF... have a great day.

    ReplyDelete